Apologies for the lack of blogging at the end of last week. I fully intended to have a new post every day, but some how all my time evaporated before my eyes. I started my first two summer classes yesterday and haven’t accomplished even 1/4 of all the things I wanted to do last week. Grr. Not fair! Where does the time go?
Anyway, I’ve been tagged by the marvelous Kate Gabrielle with the Crazy Eights Tag!
8 Things I Look Forward To:
- The first cup of piping hot coffee in the morning
- Hearing the birds chirping outside my window in the summertime
- Watching Douglas Fairbanks, Jr. movies (especially the ones I haven’t seen before)
- Trying new hairstyles
- Being outside when the sun comes up
- Walking through our garden and discovering new flowers that have bloomed
- Picking out my clothes for the day
8 Things I Did The Day Before Yesterday and The Day Before That: (Okay, so I fudged a little…)
- Bought bookmaking supplies for my class
- Got to the art store in record time, because the roads were deserted
- Finished reading Me and Mr. Darcy by Alexandra Potter (Highly recommend it, btw!)
- Made a test bound buttonhole for the yellow sateen dress
- Started reading Ayn Rand’s Atlas Shrugged (It weighs a ton, but so far is incredibly well written)
- Photographed my catalog of children’s books (pictures and explantion will be forthcoming…)
- Watched An Alligator Named Daisy, which was quite good
- Decided that Michael Redgrave looked a lot like Errol Flynn in Thunder Rock
8 Things I Wish I Could Do:
- Visit England, especially the villages
- Drive a vintage car, preferably one of those cute, fat convertibles from the 1940s (although if the occasion arose, I wouldn’t be picky)
- Ride sidesaddle on a horse (or ride a horse at all!)
- Swing dance
- Travel back in time to 1940’s Hollywood with a limitless bank account, so I could visit all the houses of high fashion and splurge
- Live in a thatched cottage, like John Wayne’s from The Quiet Man
- Draw anything I see with amazing accuracy (I’m working on this one!)
- Repair my car myself
8 TV Shows I Watch:
- Are You Being Served?
- To The Manor Born
- As Time Goes By
- Keeping Up Appearances
- Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares
- How Clean is Your House?
- Hotel Inspector
- The Andy Griffith Show (only the seasons with Don Knotts, though. The other later seasons are never, ever watched in our house.)
I think I’m supposed to pass along this tag to eight more bloggers, but I have been seeing this make the rounds quickly, so I’m not going to pick specific people to tag. If you haven’t been tagged with this one, you are it now! Leave me a comment telling me about your post and I’ll link it here for you. Don’t be afraid to mix up the categories a bit. Creativity is a good thing!
I’ve also been given some blog awards by two good friends of mine, so I’d like to share them now.
This award means a lot to me because I have truly found so many kind, amazing friends through this blog. I don’t know anyone here in my town who is as enthusiastic about classic films, vintage clothes and retro living as I am, so I set out to remedy that. I can happily report it was a great success!
I’d like to pass on this award to some the friendliest bloggers I know:
Matthew at Movietone News
Laura at Laura’s Miscellaneous Musings
Jen at Pretty Little Pictures
Then, the aforementioned Jen awarded me with the One Lovely Blog Award.
I’d like to pass this one on to Tany at Couture et Tricot
Tany has a great blog where she shares her adventures in couture sewing (that just means she’s really good at it!) and fine knitting. She’s one of my major sources of inspiration. Her latest post is a jumpsuit that could have come straight out of a Jean Harlow film.
flapperdoodle is a simply fabulous blog showcasing all of Kate’s Flapper Sketches. If you haven’t seen it yet, you are really missing out!
Thanks for reading, guys. Next up – How to sew, Pt 1!