I’ve been nominated for a Splash Award by Matthew Coniam over at Movietone News!
I’m so excited because it is my very first blog award! Matthew made the nomination even more fun by leaving me a cryptic comment simply saying: “Movietone has splashed you…” Of course, even though I was swamped in work at the time (and actually still am) I had to drop everything and find out what he was talking about. He wrote a very nice little summary about Noir Girl in his post (Thanks Matthew!).
Okay, now for all the officialness, copied from Matthew’s post:
The Splash award is given to alluring, amusing, bewitching, impressive, and inspiring blogs. When you receive this award, you must:
1. Put the logo on your blog/post.
2. Nominate up to 9 blogs which allure, amuse, bewitch, impress or inspire you.
3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have been splashed by commenting on their blog.
5. Remember to link to the person from whom you received your Splash award.
Oh dear! Nine blogs! Almost everyone I know has already been nominated, but I’ll have a go anyway…
1. Laura of Laura’s Miscellaneous Musings – Laura is always ahead of the curve on the classic film news. She’s like the roving reporter of the classic film community. She’s a terrific writer, too and offers up a new film review almost every day. She also is a die hard fan of all things Disney and is an amazing source of information in that field, too.
2. Tany of Couture et Tricot – Tany was (and still very much is) a major source of inspiration to me. She was one of the first bloggers I read before I had my own corner of the blogosphere. She is a phenomenal sewer and knitter. Her handmade garments are always flawless and full of amazing details. Tany gave me the courage to push my own sewing skills and take on the Vintage Vogue suit a few months ago.
3. Millie of Classic Forever – Millie has a delightful blog where she posts a photo of one (or several) classic film stars every day. I’ve got a pretty large collection of classic film photographs, but Millie’s dwarfs mine by a mile. She’s in Africa at the moment helping people in need. I wish her a safe rest of her trip and a trouble free return!
4. Jen of Pretty Little Pictures – Jen’s regular outfit posts are always inspirational. She has an amazing knack for finding incredible treasures in thrift shops. Her latest find is a darling green pinstripe cropped jacket. I’m very much wishing I had one like it! She also writes about adventures from her life that are fascinating.
5. Ashley of Decor Amor – Ashley is a student photographer, and a terrific one, at that! Her lovely photos are well composed and full of inspiration. Her blog is a mix of home decor ideas, fashion inspiration and amazing photos. Her post about a month ago on recreating the outfits of Audrey Hepburn is still with me. I’m plotting my own version of one of the outfits for the summer. :)
Well, 5 out of 9 isn’t too bad, right? I hope Matthew won’t mind if I use his method for notifying my recipients. I give him full credit for the great idea, and I think the mystery of it made the whole process of winning much more fun.
Please don’t take offense if you’re not on this list. I love all you’re blogs and right now I’m wishing I had 3-4 hours to spend reading all of them and leaving you comments. I’d love to have made it longer, but redundancy and time constraints are restricting me.
I promise, I’ll have a new “real” post up soon. It killed me all weekend to not be able to write my usual Sunday morning post. I truly did need the time for my project, though. I wasn’t just sitting on a chaise lounge eating bon bons. ;)
Happy Wednesday, my dears!